Monday, December 31, 2007
previous entry | main | next entry | TrackBack (0)
Your 2008 predictions.... today!!
Greetings from the year 2008!
You poor people who have to wait... uh... several hours before the new year have no idea what awaits you!! You'll commute to work by helicopter or jetpack and wear aluminum-colored clothing. Curiously, the communication devices will be clunkier than current cellular phones.
In the waning hours of 2007 and the beginning hours of 2008, however, it seems appropriate to provide loyal readers with a place to post predictions for 2008. So, the bold amongst you are asked to hereby predict the following:
1) The presidential nominee for the Democratic Party;My submission is below the fold....
1) Barack Obama (I'm sticking with my original prediction on this, but I'll admit that I can think of way too many land mines over the next few months)
posted by Dan on 12.31.07 at 09:59 PM
Grades are due tomorrow, so that means I am obliged to waste time by playing your game. Thanks Dan.
1. Obama -- It is his time. Besides, at some point democrats will realize that the only way to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory is to nominate Clinton. Clinton would still probably win, but she would make it closer (and uglier) than it has to be. Edwards is now the Lou Dobbs of the left. Not enough union households left in the U.S. for him to win the nomination.
2. McCain -- Time for the adults to take back their party. That means there are only two choices -- McCain or Romney. But, the bigots in the GOP ensure that Romney can't get out of the primaries.
3. Obama crushes McCain (or any Republican) in the general election. McCain becomes Bob Dole.
4. Juno. Because Charlie Wilson's War is the only contender I have actually seen, and it ain't good enough.
5. Continuing my wishful thinking theme from above... the Chicago Cubs will beat Boston in the World Series.
6. China will crack down on dissidents before the olympics. This will cause the Nobel Prize Committee to select "Tiananmen Mothers" for the Peace Prize.posted by: Mike T. on 12.31.07 at 09:59 PM [permalink]
1) Obama (I hope so, anyway, because he will be destroyed in the general election)
2) Romney (I hope. His organization might pay off. If not Rommey, then Thompson will win.)
3) Romney (Again, I hope)
4) Charlie Wilson's War (I can't name any other movies from this year)
5) Red Sox. If you read Nostradamous (I forget which page), the Red Sox are embarking upon a 1,000 reign now that the curse has been reversed. But so long as the Yankees lose, I'm happy.
6) al-Gore. He has duped the world so well. Who's to say that he can't do it again.posted by: Joseph Sixpack on 12.31.07 at 09:59 PM [permalink]
1) Dennis Kucinich
(Juno? Shouldn't they nominate movies that most people have heard of? Wait, what am I saying...)posted by: Alan K. Henderson on 12.31.07 at 09:59 PM [permalink]
Hillary Clinton’s Recent Meteoric Rise in Wealth Pictorial Graph
My latest post on the role of technology in the aftermath of the Kenyan election.
Blogs, SMS and the Kenyan Election
Post a Comment: